Well, as one can imagine the sound of something being destroyed in the kitchen drew Ben in instantly. He hasn't really been able to help me out with a lot of cooking or baking yet, so I thought this was the perfect task to count as his first baking.
Ben seemed happily surprised that we handed him his toy hammer and let him go to town on a bag of cookies. He loved the whole process. I like to think he is a natural, because he preferred using a wooden spoon like me over his toy mallet. He knows the tools matter. :) I am looking forward to cooking with Ben, but I am going to wait until he is a little bigger. He needs to be a tiny bit taller so he doesn't almost fall off his stool reaching for things. And I want to get a little more confident that he will respond to directions. But I am hoping for fun times ahead.
So far though, his first dessert was a success. Everyone loved it and was very impressed that Ben had helped.



![]() |
| Sweet, tiny baker! |

No comments:
Post a Comment